Skills are the pillars and foundation for development of all hockey players. S4 Skills is a progressive initiative that provides free, world class, supplemental individual skills training experiences for Hockey Edmonton members.
This program & initiative is provided free of charge to all players & coaches. This program was created and developed by Steve Serdachny founder of the Stollery Family Day classic and the SE Blades Skating club. It is made possible by the generous support of the Stollery Family Day Classic tournament. This special Hockey Edmonton event is dedicated to promoting active, healthy kids who care and play the greatest game in the world. It supports the world class Stollery Childrens hospital and promotes kids staying active through the game of hockey . Special thanks to our partners that help make this happen. ATB Financial, Murray’s Trucking, Dolce Vita homes, D’Amores Mercato, SE Blades Skating Club, Hockey Edmonton, Serdachny Powerskating & Hockey, B-Wright Drywall.
This integrated, individual player developmental model supports the continuous and progressive growth of players within Hockey Edmonton. Technical and tactical skills will be integrated throughout the program, with the primary focus on developing the player's individual skills. Professional instructors will deliver specific instruction in proper skill and skating setting the stage for excellence in on ice performance. The seasonal curriculum will feature:
- Explosive, hockey specific Skating techniques;
- Stick-handling technique that will lead to support development of superior puck skills;
- Shooting techniques;
- Scoring practices;
- Passing and purposeful puck movement that supports proper team play;
- Please note we are now offering an S4 Skills Goaltender Program (see below).
- Find the appropriate session link for you/your child based upon birth year in the tables below (Athletes must register for the session that corresponds to their birth year);
- Please note that to maintain the integrity of the S4 Skills Program, and to ensure that the athlete is receiving age-appropriate training, Hockey Edmonton will cross reference your application information with the Hockey Canada Registry (HCR);
- Follow the appropriate session link to apply for the session and fill out the respective RAMP form;
- Please note the "Register Here" link will function as both a session list and a wait list therefore there is no longer a link for a separate wait list;
- You will receive an automatic email from RAMP indicating that you have successfully applied for the session. This is not your acceptance to the session;
- You will receive a second "confirmation email" directly from Joel Lenius (Hockey Edmonton, Technical Director) to inform you whether you have been accepted to the session or not;
- You must bring this second "confirmation email" to the session, and present it to the check-in desk attendant;
- Hockey Edmonton will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items during the session. For safety reasons, no dressing room keys will be provided to lock the dressing rooms during sessions.
New Sessions TBD
S4 Skills Program Waiver: